LadyLushana: George and Saddam: STAND TRIAL for War Crimes!

Sunday, August 27, 2006

George and Saddam: STAND TRIAL for War Crimes!

There is nothing radical in stating the fact that GB is responsible for the death of so many innocents in Afghanistan, Lebanon, Palestine, Iraq. The fact that he chooses to involved our country in preemptive strikes, aggressive war actions, blatent lies is just the beginning. He has shut his eyes to the civil strife and genocides in Darfur, and he has botched the relief of so many American citizens in New Orleans. His callous attitude towards people of color is self-evident. HE DOES NOT CARE. THOSE OPINIONS MEAN NOTHING TO HIM. His constituency is the rich. This administration should be put on trial for crimes against humanities! How?when? are we going to hold him accountable?

I just came from a gathering of cousins. One first cousin told me that I am wrong about Chaldeans. They are not all Republicans. He is going to send my blog to these alleged 'democrats' and prove me wrong. Not even five minutes later, we start talking to a different first cousin's husband who says Bush's war is right. Always was. Is Bush responsible for the civil war and chaos of Iraq? Absolutely not, according to this cousin-in-law. IF WE DID NOT ENGAGE IN PREEMPTIVE ACTION, THE UNITED STATES WOULD BECOME ISLAMIC IN THE NEXT 15o YEARS! huh???? we need to wage war w/ Iraq (read: Islam) because we are expecting Muslims to 'take over the world.' wow. he is not an exception, trust me. This paranoid, Islamaphobic thinking is in so many American veins. Americans are partisan, are secatarian in their thinking. In my circles, unfortunately, SECULARiSM is misunderstood. It is a dirty word. I am fighting many crazy battles.

I am not good at keeping my mouth shut, so I get 'into it' w/ folks, but what good is silence? I am not trying to be belligerent or 'opiniated' but what the hell? Why is it when someone challenges your view, s/he is opiniated?

btw, I am not a democrat. dirty word. I don't participate in electoral politics. I did cave and vote for Ralph Nader. 2x. Sorry for that. I wish I just refrained from voting altogether.

I don't like labels so LEFT of LEFT is what I prefer. and sometimes right of left. What that means is, depending on the issue, I can piss someone off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The image “http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/429/2309/1600/sidebarbadge1.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
  • Solidarity4twosisters
  • Cost of the War in Iraq
    (JavaScript Error)
    To see more details, click here.

    I blog for human rights I blog for human rights Palestine Blogs - The Gazette