LadyLushana: Raed in the Middle: NO SILENCE

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Raed in the Middle: NO SILENCE

See Raed Jarrar's post on the incident. Also many folks have posted references to it like Kyle from Cultural Dissident. If anyone knows where to get this t-shirts, please enter info in comments section. in the meantime, we might ask raed directly.

Thanks to Emily Video from arabartists(at)yahoogroups

To learn more about the Artists Against War t-shirt
project, go here.

http://aawnyc.org/
http://www.parkerstudio.com/AAW/notsilentstories.html

To order t-shirts, e-mail Laurie & Caroline.
wewillnotbesilent(at) gmail.com
OR GO DIRECTLY TO THIS SITE: http://thecriticalvoice.org/order/

2 Comments:

Blogger Ibn Bint Jbeil said...

Nayj, they're going crazy over here! this IS like nazi germany, with all the authoritarian commandments coming down hard. man, i hope we who live here can withstand the storm.

4:06 AM  
Blogger DangerousDerrida said...

ibj, US is not insane--we know exactly what we are doing.

I hate to count myself under that we. as Raedinthemiddle said, you go to the ME and you are seen as an American complicit w/ US policy. You come "home" and you are a stranger in your own land.

btw, my opinion on all this nazi germany comparison between say Israel or US and Arab world is very problematic. I know you, so I know you don't mean harm, but I think the comparisons that have been going around are very reductive. Yes, we have a right wing regime and many of our civil rights are being targeted, but we are a long way from Nazi Germany. Even if the Israelis put Palestinians in camps, I don't think we should denigrate the history of those who died under Nazis. What do you think? am I being too sensitive? I am NOT trying to politically correct; the comparisons don't work when put in parallel trajectories. That said, how do we describe the US insanity? we need NEW language. we need art/poetry/fiction to carve out a landscape for this place.

I don't mind saying that being in Palestine was like being in a Kafka novel. or America is Orwellian. has been. still is.

do give me feedback on the Nazi thing. I have not talked to anyone about it, but I do see any Arabs and others at anti-war demonstrations making statements on signs & wonder how useful this is.
peace, nayj

7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The image “http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/429/2309/1600/sidebarbadge1.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
  • Solidarity4twosisters
  • Cost of the War in Iraq
    (JavaScript Error)
    To see more details, click here.

    I blog for human rights I blog for human rights Palestine Blogs - The Gazette