LadyLushana: VISIT DISSENTERS' PARK

Sunday, September 03, 2006

VISIT DISSENTERS' PARK

NOW we are talking ARTFUL DISSENT in DEARBORN,
the other D.


an incredible turnout at the Lebanese Heritage Center in Dearborn Michigan. Rawi president & Libyan poet Khaled Mattawa from UM, and amazing hip-hop activist poetry by Invincible(Ilana Weaver) w. Lebanese Big A & IRON SHEIK! beautiful oud playing by Omar Zayr owner of Cafe Oz. YOU MISSED a wonderful evening. Organized by many folks but wanted to shout out to one especially: Noura Erakat, DC RAWI member. SO nice to meet her in person! Organizers' conference was well attended and fruitful; unfortunately, I could only attend the Sat night event.

2 Comments:

Blogger rockslinga said...

I *can't* believe I missed this!!! Sigh. I need to stop nesting and leave my new house once in a while.

8:34 PM  
Blogger DangerousDerrida said...

I'll try and remember to tell you!

6:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The image “http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/429/2309/1600/sidebarbadge1.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
  • Solidarity4twosisters
  • Cost of the War in Iraq
    (JavaScript Error)
    To see more details, click here.

    I blog for human rights I blog for human rights Palestine Blogs - The Gazette